Thursday, February 19, 2009

Crappy Graphics

I tried creating a new album on Google photots, but the computer I'm on right now won't let me download Picasa, so I don't have my photos yet. BUT, I do have my crappy graph. Like most everything else for this class, I based mine on math. Now that I'm taking Calculus I see how Geometry, Algebra and Trigonometry all share some similarities. So that's what my graph is based on.

The name "Crappy Graphics" is misleading. You can create some quality graphics on there that's easier to save and publish than using programs like PowerPoint or Word.

I don't think I'm very likely to have my sutdents use this tool in my classroom, but I'm sure I will. Venn diagrams naturally come with math, so I'm sure I will be using them in many of my classes. Either I will use some graphs during my teaching, or we will create a graph together as a class. Either way, I'm sure I'll use Crappy Graphics in my classroom one day.

Looking at the ISTE Standards I believe incorporating the use of Crappy Graphics will cover Standards 1 (Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity), 2 (Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments), and 3 (Model Digital-Age Work and Learning).

No comments:

Post a Comment